Saturday, July 7, 2012

Starry-eyed love (for you, honey)

Galaxy nails are something I've been wanting to try for quite some time. Each time I try to make them happen, I'd be reminded of the fact that this stupid nail art design needs a tool that a normal nail painter wouldn't have lying around his/her house: a sponge.

I know what you're thinking, "why not just use a dishwashing sponge?" Gee, I wish I had thought of that BEFORE I had finished the design.

So this was done using a make up sponge. I think they work much better than cleaning sponges, anyway, since make up sponges are a lot finer, which means greater control while dabbing.


Base colour: OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue. And a lot of glitters.


This is the first successful nail art design in weeks. Now I'm pumped to experiement with other designs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you give a mini tutorial on how to do these nails. They are beautiful!

Where's my Candi said...

Mmm! That is very beautiful! I should try it asap!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! :)

www.mythirtyone.com/191793